Brief Outline of Key Late Blight Management Steps:
1. Know symptoms on tomatoes and potatoes.
2. Destroy potato volunteers and cull piles.
3. Select resistant varieties when possible.
4. Implement preventive fungicide program.
5. Inspect crop weekly from planting.
6. Monitor occurrence reports.
7. Submit suspect samples to local or state diagnostic clinic (list at bottom of page).
8. Inform neighboring growers of outbreak.
9. Promptly destroy crop after harvest or when late blight becomes too severe to manage.
Web sites listed by state with additional information on late blight and its management:
2015 Southeastern Vegetable Growers Guide (page 95 for tomato, page 75 for potato)
Click here to obtain Brochure on Late Blight and its Management.