Brief Outline of Key late blight Management Steps:
1. Know symptoms on tomatoes and potatoes.
2. Destroy potato volunteers and cull piles.
3. Select resistant varieties when possible.
4. Implement preventive fungicide program.
5. Inspect crop weekly from planting.
6. Monitor most recent occurrence reports.
7. Submit suspect samples to local or state diagnostic clinic (list at bottom of page).
8. Inform neighboring growers of outbreak.
9. Promptly destroy crop after harvest or when late blight becomes too severe to manage.
Web sites listed by state with additional information on late blight and its management:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New York
- UK Potato Council. Managing the Risk of late blight
- 2019 Southeastern Vegetable Growers Guide
- Late blight Fact Sheet – Cornell University
- NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual
- Brochure on late blight and its Management
- National E Extension